MagicBands coming to Port Orleans French Quarter from 30 Sep

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

MagicBands coming to Port Orleans French Quarter from 30 Sep

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

BREAKING NEWS: I'm hearing reports that the My Disney Experience system is now allowing Port Orleans French Quarter guests with arrival dates as early as 19 October to customise Magic Bands and make FastPass+ reservations for their stay. The system seems to have updated overnight. More information as soon as I get it.

Update at 6:30am (Eastern): I just had an email, the official French Quarter start date for Magic Band / FastPass+ is for arrivals from 30 September onward.

The current testing period lasts until 31 October, so nothing can be set up beyond then at present. However the general expectation is that the system will mostly likely continue seamlessly after that period, once Disney has loaded the new dates onto the system.
gtaro

Re: MagicBands coming to Port Orleans French Quarter from 19

Unread post by gtaro »

Indeed, this is true. My arrival is October 19 and I just completed the whole Magic Band customization and FastPass+ reservation process.
Super excited.
Mumbo

Unread post by Mumbo »

Oh, we are from the U.K. and will be arriving on the 17th October, do you think we'll be able to have Magic Bands?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Mumbo wrote:Oh, we are from the U.K. and will be arriving on the 17th October, do you think we'll be able to have Magic Bands?
Yes, everyone arriving at POFQ from 30 Sept onwards will be getting them. The only difference for international guests is that after you have customised your Magic Bands online you won't have them posted out to you, you'll pick them up at the front desk when you arrive.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
tebookie

Unread post by tebookie »

I am suppose to check in on Sept 25th.
Do you think think I will be able to get Magic Bands once they are live at the French Quarter?
Mumbo

Unread post by Mumbo »

That's great news, thank you, I'm assuming this means we will need to check into the hotel online?
3R1C

Unread post by 3R1C »

Correct. We arrive on Oct 18th and we able to last night pick our magicbands and select rides for fastpass+.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

tebookie wrote:I am suppose to check in on Sept 25th.
Do you think think I will be able to get Magic Bands once they are live at the French Quarter?
No, sorry, as I said the first arrival date to get Magic Bands at POFQ will be 30 Sept. Unless you split your booking of course, but that's a big hassle.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
tebookie

Unread post by tebookie »

Thanks Andre! I was looking forward to having this option available especially with the Fast Pass+.
Guess we have to wait until next time or just hope for some extra pixie dust :)
farrellmom

Unread post by farrellmom »

I am checking in December 14th. How do I set up our Magic Bands? My Experience does not give me the option to set them up.
WyoDisney

Unread post by WyoDisney »

No MB's are available for November or December. The test ends at the end of October.
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.

Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

farrellmom wrote:I am checking in December 14th. How do I set up our Magic Bands? My Experience does not give me the option to set them up.
At the moment, the system is only set up until 31 October which is the notional end date of the current testing period. What happens after that is unknown.

They could close the system down entirely for more work and do new tests at a later stage (which I think is unlikely now they've got this far), they could extend or add new testing periods while still making running adjustments (they have been announcing new testing periods with about 18 days notice so far), or they could simply decide that it's ready and make it a fully live service.

I guess we'll know for sure by the middle of October.

Andre
Mumbo

Re: MagicBands coming to Port Orleans French Quarter from 30

Unread post by Mumbo »

We have a pre-booked inclusive Disney Quick Service Dining Plan, will this be pre-loaded onto the MagicBands?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Mumbo wrote:We have a pre-booked inclusive Disney Quick Service Dining Plan, will this be pre-loaded onto the MagicBands?
Yes, you'll just tap your band onto the reader at the payment location to pay for your food or snacks using your credits. Anything a KttW card could do, the Magic Band will be able to do also. Well, apart from fitting into your wallet anyway. :)

Andre
Mumbo

Unread post by Mumbo »

That's great! thank you for your help Andre :D
rogpalmeruk

Unread post by rogpalmeruk »

I'm staying from the 2nd October (UK) at POFQ

We picked our colours for the bands last night ... Had a bit of agro getting into the site, wouldn't let us put our telephone number in (used Port orleans own number in the end).. magic bands don't get shipped out to us, we get them at check in.

Went through last night and made a few fastpass + bookings, haven't done every day yet, was just messing about with it last night,
Sharon0502

Unread post by Sharon0502 »

I ordered bands yesterday we stay 10 oct for 14 nights, tried to do fastpass selections, but says eldest daughter is in eligible, but rest of party ok?? :cry:
Mumbo

Unread post by Mumbo »

We are from the UK and want to customise our MagicBands, on the web site we have to fill in our shipping address, but obviously we would want to pick up from the hotel, does it give you a further option for them not to be shipped? :?:
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Sharon, I think I've answered you on another forum already, but contact the Disney IT Helpdesk to get them to sort this out, it's probably an issue with a ticket not being correctly linked into the MDE system for some reason.

For UK addresses, I think you still need to fill in your details anyway and when the system knows it's a non-USA address it will send them to the resort instead. You may have issues with entering your phone number too, and if so try 'forcing' it into the American 3-3-4 format (e.g. 123-456-7890) by removing the first zero.

Andre
MCC retired

Unread post by MCC retired »

I accidently noticed that I could order Magic Bands for our Oct 1st stay @ POFQ when reviewing my reservations online last week .
Never got an email ?
I ordered them , they arrived today Sept 16th already.
Check your reservation if you are booked for an Oct. arrival.
mrowe702003

Unread post by mrowe702003 »

Two quick questions:

(1) Is this only for the FQ? I stayed there last time and in December we are staying in the Royal Suites on the other side of the complex.
(2) Is there if the trial will be extended to December or if it will be live by then?

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Riverside started earlier in the month (see news posts). FQ joins the system on 30 Sept.

Yes, it will almost certainly still be available in December - in fact I'm just hearing reports that November's FastPass+ dates have just been released on the system.

Andre
Micki

Unread post by Micki »

I can confirm that November dates are available :D

We're at POFQ from Nov 3-9 and this morning it let me personalize Magic Bands and select FP+s.

Interesting note: a pop up came up when I first logged in that offered MB & FP+, but I wasn't able to select them then. When I logged in an hour later the pop up didn't come up and the MB link was the typical FYI version - not asking me to customize. I redid my Online checkin and suddenly it added Personalize Magic Bands to the options under My Disney Experience.

Also, the MB personalization said I have until Oct 4th to complete - 9 days.

Hope this helps!
royhan

Unread post by royhan »

We are on the Disney Dining Plan, but I am curious to know how the MagicBands work when it comes to paying a restaurant for drinks consumed as part of the meal.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

royhan wrote:We are on the Disney Dining Plan, but I am curious to know how the MagicBands work when it comes to paying a restaurant for drinks consumed as part of the meal.
Just the same as with KttW cards. You use credits for the Dining Plan elements and then charge the rest (drinks, tips, etc) to your room account. They will bring an RFID scanner device to your table so you don't have to hand over your Magic Band.

Andre