Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 3rd Sept

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 3rd Sept

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 3rd September onward.

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving within 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site and/or mobile app. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. international guests, or those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.
MrFredicksen

Re: Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 2/3 Se

Unread post by MrFredicksen »

We will be there over those dates, but checking in a few days before that.
Does this mean we are ineligible?
Any chance we can get FP+ starting on the 2nd or 3rd?
Any chance on the 2nd/3rd we can go to the front desk and get magic bands?
WyoDisney

Unread post by WyoDisney »

Excellent. Want this for our November trip. Our family is so not into running around from attraction to attraction. If I can just set up FP+ times according to our touring schedule I can just custom fit things right into the plan for the day and show up naturally at an attraction and walk on. Besides, I think the colored bands are cool.
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.

Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

It's my understanding that the first checkin date supported for Magic Bands will be 3rd Sept, so I doubt you'll be able to do it if you are checking in before then.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
MrFredicksen

Re: Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 2nd Se

Unread post by MrFredicksen »

I just called and the CM I spoke to said it was still "testing" and that not everyone was selected.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 2nd Se

Unread post by Admin »

It is my understanding that 100% of guests staying at Riverside will be getting Magic Bands after 3rd September. Not sure about how pre-registration stuff will happen though.

[Note: start date is now 3rd Sept, not 2nd]

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
disneygirl917

Re: Magic Bands coming to Port Orleans Riverside from 3rd Se

Unread post by disneygirl917 »

I really hope it is ALL resort guests. I have heard both ways but have heard select few more times than all guests. I am able to make FastPass+ reservations. Confused.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

disneygirl917 wrote:I really hope it is ALL resort guests. I have heard both ways but have heard select few more times than all guests. I am able to make FastPass+ reservations. Confused.
As I said in the original post, it should be for all guests staying at POR from 3rd September onwards. If you have booked your FP+ reservations, you're in!

I have been hearing that the customise option for Magic Band colours might not be working properly at the moment, but as it was only opened up for POR guests this morning, as with any test there may yet be some glitches to iron out.

Andre
royhan

Unread post by royhan »

Could someone please explain, for the benefits of simpletons like me, how exactly the Magic Bands work. Thank you.
Cardi 1
WyoDisney

royhan wrote:Could someone please explain, for the benefits of simpletons like me, how exactly the Magic Bands work. Thank you.
Cardi 1
They work exactly the same as the previous KTTW cards. You use them to get into the room and into the parks, plus if you add your credit card info you can use them to make purchases and pay for meals.

However, magic bands (MBs) are part of a larger technology called MyMagic+. If you get MBs you are part of MyMagic+ which also enables you to make fastpass+ reservations 60 days before your arrival. Fastpass enables you to skip a line on an attraction, but you had to go to the attraction, put your KTTW card in the machine and get a paper fastpass for a certain time. MyMagic+ lets you choose the time and attraction for your fastpass+ in advance.

You would do all of this on the disneyworld.disney.go.com website on the tab in the upper right labeled My Disney Experience.

royhan

Unread post by royhan »

Thanks wyoDisney,
I'm still trying to work out how to book the fast passes with the Magic Bands when we get them. I am sure it will all become clear soon.
Cardi 1
WyoDisney

royhan wrote:Thanks wyoDisney,
I'm still trying to work out how to book the fast passes with the Magic Bands when we get them. I am sure it will all become clear soon.
Cardi 1
You don't need the MBs to book fastpasses. When you go to My Disney Experience and click on fastpass+, if you are qualified you just assign the fastpass+ to the members of your party, not to a particular magic band. Later on you will assign a color of a magic band for each member of your party.

I think...............................

Momof3

Unread post by Momof3 »

I am so excited, we will arrive Sept. 7 so we should get the bands. I went on My Disney Experience and I can make Fast Pass Reservations but there is atleast one ride I don't see to be able to get a pass for. I believe it is called Toy Story Mainia. I also thought maybe we could get FP for shows like Fantasmic and parades and fireworks. Thanks so much for you sharing so much information with us on here.
MArri1998

Unread post by MArri1998 »

Help! We are staying at POR after the September 3rd roll out of Magic Bands. However, our reservation was made in two stages. This seems to have messed up our ability to get MBs. Only the person most recently added to the reservation shows up as being eligible for MBs when I click on My Experience at Disney.com. It says the rest of us aren't eligible even though we're all staying in the same room.

When it comes to FastPasses, I can only sign up for FastPasses for the three of us on the original reservation (before the 4th person was added.) I am wondering if the 4th person needs to create an account and give me permission to make plans for her. Any ideas?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, everyone in the booking needs an account for you to be able to book FP+ for them.

If there is only one ride that you can't book FP+ for, it might be that the current allocation for that ride has already sold out? Toy Story Mania is a very popular ride.

Andre
NicolaFred

Unread post by NicolaFred »

I arrive at Riverside on Sept 26th. I can make fastpass+ reservations until September 28th. Nothing beyond that date.

That date is when the apparent test stops so im lead to believe... will this be the case for ALL Riverside testers because im aware you are not able to use both fastpass and fastpass+ and I have only used this for 1 day of my 3 week holiday.

Also im lead to believe the magicband customisation is NOT for any UK guests - I have no option on my magicband page to customise. Any light on this would be great.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

As far as I know, customisation should be available for all guests, but as a UK guest you will not be able to get your bands mailed out to you in advance. You should still be able to customise and pick them up at check-in though.

There do currently seem to be some issues with the online MB customisation system in general for POR guests though, so you may be experiencing a general issue rather than a UK one.

Andre
rogpalmeruk

Unread post by rogpalmeruk »

Sounds Fab

I'm checking into the French Quarter on October 2nd from the UK... Really really really hope there is a chance we get to try these out... :-)

I'm just crossing my fingers the roll out is a bit quicker...
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I doubt POFQ will have Magic Bands by the start of October, but hey you never know!

Andre
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Can people who were unable to customise their Magic Bands yesterday try it again today - perhaps by re-doing the Online Checkin process in the My Disney Experience page - and see if it now works?

Because of the start-date move from 2nd to 3rd Sept, I wonder if some systems might have been a day out of sync for the 18-days prior-to-launch system access?

Andre
DisneyNut

Unread post by DisneyNut »

Because of this great news I decided to make the switch from French Quarter to Riverside (we will be checking in on the September 28th). I called Disney last night and made the switch. As soon as the website updated with my new information I noticed something on MDE.

I had previously been on MDE but had never been able to access the Fast Pass+ system before. However, after the change was made to my reservation and the website was updated with my new revised information I was able to access the Fast Pass+ system. It allowed me to pick a date and family members but would not allow me to make any selections. I called Disney back and they transferred me to the Help desk.

I explained to the help desk CM what I was seeing and she stated that POR had just been added to the system that day and that it would take some time for everyone to get complete access. By the way, this is the first time I have ever been able to get a CM to confirm anything regarding the Magic Bands.

She went on to state, that folks staying at POR starting Sept. 3 should be able to access everything and as time went on others should be able to get complete access to the system and order Magic Bands and make Fast Pass+ selections. She said I should receive an e-mail/letter in the next few weeks concerning the Magic Bands and/or could possibly access the system prior to that. She suggested that I just check at my convenience.

I am totally excited about this. :D
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

I made my reservation yesterday for a stay beginning on the 4th. I went into MDE this morning and had full access to Fast Pass+ and I was able to customize my Magic Bands. The site did state: “Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for them to arrive.
Momof3

Unread post by Momof3 »

We are arriving Sept. 7 and I was able to get on MDE and customize our Magic Bands and confirm my shipping address. My brother and his wife are coming with us and they have their own reservations and a MDE account but cannot customize their bands and it doesn't ask them to confirm their shipping address. When we click on the link it takes us to another page and says enter a confirmation number and what not but will not allow us to access the customize the bands. What should we do?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Apparently stays are being added to the system gradually, starting from 3rd Sept, so not everyone may be able to customise bands yet. Officially guests should be waiting until they get their invitation email, and if the customise option still doesn't work then, contact the Reservations Center for advice.

NicolaFred: what sort of tickets are you using, do they cover your whole stay? I'm guessing you are using the UK-only 21-day passes, but have been asked to check.

Andre
SuRoUK

Unread post by SuRoUK »

We are staying at POR 25 Sept to 9 Oct and had already completed online check in. We were able to access FP+ from yesterday but no mention of magic bands. After reading Andre's previous post I have passed back through the online check in screens, not amending or re entering details just pressing next, when completed I went to the manage magic bands tab and now have the order/shipping screen. Thanks Andre it worked a treat :D